When accidents happen, which are inevitable even in healthy and safe workplace, employees probably have the right to workers compensation payments.  Although you have a year to notify about a rob-related injury or illness, it is best to do it so as soon as possible.  Any medical expenses will be reimbursed and depending on the severity of your problem, your compensation may include temporary or permanent disability.

It is important to note that states vary with workers compensation.  Some states exempt very small employers from having to provide workers compensation.  Other states exempt certain types of workers such as independent contractors, domestic workers, and farm workers.  If you are a victim of a job-related accident and fall into one of these categories, you may have to sue the employer to get any financial help.

If you or a loved one has been injured at work it is important to protect your legal rights. Call (916) 922-9902 to speak with a work injury attorney Sacramento California, Tom Johnson.